Saturday, November 6, 2010

I've got no jokes. Just catch phrases.

It's true. It wouldn't ever matter what I share on stage. My deepest, darkest, too real for tv stories, the only thing people would ever remember & quote back to me would be "Haaaaay", "Shhhut up!", or "Start that rumor!". No, but for reals. I've been performing at colleges regularly for the past 3 years, and my most favorite catch phrase out of an hour's worth of material & hundreds of schools? "From the Waist Down." What does it mean? Not a damn thing. Where'd I get it from? I have not damn idea. It just feels good. It's like ketchup, it'll go with any damn thing. Will these four little letters pay my bills? Probably not. But it makes me smile, and as far as I'm concerned, that sh*t is priceless. I remember the first time I did my "From the Waist Down" joke at NACA a couple of years ago. My showcase was fun, and when I was crossing the street, and van of kids yelled - "FROM THE WAIST DOWN!!!!!" I immediately looked at my zipper! My agent was all, "hello b*tch, isn't that your joke?" In that short moment, I felt like Chris Rock, but with back fat & aggressive hair. It was amazing...from the waist down.

I'll post video later. Get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment