Wednesday, January 25, 2012

OMG. Anderson Cooper!

When I told my mother that I was going to be on Anderson Cooper's daytime talk show, Anderson, the reaction I expected was joy, like a "oh, that's wonderful darling", or "great! when can I watch?" ... but what I got was something completely different. I got a menopausal, arachnophobic eating spiders on Fear Factor, shrieking, Fran Drescher sound.

I said, "Mom, are you ok?" She was out of breath. I then realized, my Mom just got a boner.

Yuck. Sorry. Yuck.

I told my other friends to DVR the show. Grown folks, in their 30s, 40s, and yes .. 50s, lost their shit for this man. I've come to the conclusion that Anderson Cooper, is in fact, the adult version of Justin Beiber.

The panel consisted of yours truly, Renee Graziano (Vh1's MOB Wives), Mel Robbins (life coach, radio personality, and host of Monster In-Laws on A&E) and finally a "random" audience member, a very sweet lady named Kimberly, who blogs ... her website is called Mocha Manual, it's a guide to being a black mom. I mean, hello OWN Network, what else ya need?

After the first subject, I quickly realized that I might be a lil' too RuPaul's Drag Race for daytime tv...

Anderson: "A Governer in Mississippi just issued over 200 hundred pardons. Most of these crimes were crimes of passion.."

Michelle: "Well, ladies, don't go to Mississippi to get a man..haaay"

Anderson: "Ah, yeah, well, most of these officials do this sort of thing when they're leaving office..."

Michelle: "Like my husband says Anderson, it's not how you start, it's how you finish! Chea!"

Anderson:"Wow. That's a lot for me to chew."

Michelle: "That's what my man says, what? Haaaay..."

Anderson:"Let's cut to commercial.."

Anderson is AWESOME. My mom was more excited that I was meeting him, then when I graduated school, or got engaged. The next time she's mad at me for something & or questions my career choice, I'll just be like..."Remember when I met the amazingly charming Anderson Cooper? Panties off."

Again, yuck. Sorry.

Here's the version that aired!Enjoy!


http://www.allthingsandersoncooper.com/2012/01/anderson-stars-of-new-reality-show.html


Me & the lovely ladies...




ps - my necklace turned my neck green. it looks like the green lantern. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment