Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh my gawd. Thanksgiving. I'm still full. Why.

This Thanksgiving was extra special for a bitch, it was my Dutch husband's first one! And he was, well, underwhelmed. He couldn't understand why we made 4xs the amount of food, & I gots nothing except for - "It's tradition!!!" I mean, Christmas in Holland, Sinter Klaas has a "helper" called Zwarte Piet (means black Peter) in black face, who got dark from jumping down the chimey for him. Really? Then why does he have an afro? I'm just sayin. Tradition, shmadition!

Oh ma Good. You can't make that up. Back to turkey time. The Dutchy & I cooked with friends for my rents who flew in from Miami. It was tres cute. And if you don't know how to make a turkey, honey please, that's what www.marthastewart.com is fo! That bird didn't have a damn chance. Look how cute our food looked!!

Look how uncute the dishes looked. I was washing pots like I was in prison or some sh*t.

Margot Lietman made homemade maple syrup cupcakes. Um, panties off!

No seriously. She even made the maple leave from something almond and delish. I've got 8 in my fridge, and still eating them!

My mom was in a straight food coma. Tres cute.

Holidays! Let's do it.

1 comment: